Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Which beach should we go to? How about them all?!

Day Two:

Can I just tell you how great it is to have free wireless while sitting my the pool?! So day two started with us waking up way too early…however it was 10:00 AM West Coast time so it’s all good.

We ate breakfast, put on our suits and headed out to the beach. We drove about 15 miles North (at least I think it was North but I could be totally wrong) and went until the road ended. We got out of our now dirty jeep from all the dust on the road that we ran through and proceeded to hike through hills and valleys of lava rock. We were bound to find a beach we read about that had great snorkeling and black sand. Throughout the few miles we hiked we were questioning if we were even going the right way…but in true Sierra and Amanda fashion we just pretended we knew where we were going. We passed by a few secluded beaches but they didn’t look like what we were looking for until alas!...a black sand beach! We threw down our towels, got our snorkeling gear on and in the water we went! After awhile we decided to find another beach because we are in Maui and that’s what you do.

So we found a more public beach with white sand and laid in the sun for hours until we were tired of that beach and headed back to the condo. Life is hard…I know it. While I’m not totally red yet I’m just a light shade of brown. My Filipina sister will be so happy since my mission while I’m here is to “become more brown” so I look more like her…I’m trying hard!

Well I hate to cut this short but I’m scheduled for a massage poolside while the local Hawaiian musicians play their music to sooth us all!

Aloha!

No comments: