Saturday, July 01, 2006

Packing...unpacking...packing....unpacking...Maui!

The work week has ended and so has my job here in Santa Clara. It was a good last day, although I was sad to go, I’m off to new and exciting things! I got to say goodbye to all of my patients and had a nice send off by the rehab staff…including cake! My favorite food!

My last day wouldn’t be complete without some drama! I had 2…count them 2… patients puke on me and another one that was a huge pain in the ass! Huge being the operative word. I just love trying to deal with patients that are big giant babies and then their families give into it and question everything I’m doing therapy wise. That makes my job so much fun! Anyway, regardless of the insanity the good patients I got to say goodbye to make it worth it.

I woke up Saturday morning very very tired from being out with friends way too late and realized I had more packing to do. So off to packing I go finishing all the last minute things I needed to get done. I crammed most of what I had in my car and hottie nurse put the rest of my crap into his car…which means I will have to find a way to fit it in my car before I drive to Arizona since I can’t have hottie nurse come with me. Damn! Off to my new home for the next few days before I go to Maui! Normally I would be a little stressed as to how I will fit everything in my car, making sure my Arizona licensure goes through, and getting my housing set up…however right now I’m more focused on laying on the beach, hiking towards waterfalls, biking down a volcano, and of course drinking pina coladas! So I will worry about it when I come back.

I’m sad to leave, I’ve found a really great home here in California but I may return. I’m not certain but I do have options. One company has offered me a job, but it just depends on when I come back. The way I figure it is that I will be in Arizona for a few months gaining hospital experience, saving money, and sweating off pounds in the heat, then after that job is over I can see if any other travel opportunities come up and if a great one does then I will go that route…if one doesn’t come up then I will return to California full time or Seattle full time. Who the hell knows! All I do know is that while I may have said I would never live in California when I initially moved down here and now I’m thinking about it….I won’t feel the same way about Arizona. Yes it’s a nice place to visit, and yes it will be nice to be near the grandparents, but that’s not enough to make me move there permanently! That I do know!

Well I’m off to unload my car so I can just repack it in a week and a half, but who cares?! I’m going to Maui!

Aloha!

No comments: