Saturday, May 06, 2006

Will work for food...preferably cake

Pretty good end to the week. I've had some great patients this week and actually am having fun. I had a lunch date with one of my patients. He had to participate in a cooking activity to show he was safe in the kitchen for when he goes home. So he said he would make me lunch, which he did and so we ate and talked. I told him this was the first lunch date I've had in awhile...he told me this is the first one he had in 40 years, the last being with his wife. I love my job!

I'm getting my resume together and sending it out to any place I can at the moment through my travel company. Yet another drug test completed as well....I guess they want to make sure I'm not on crack when working with old people, although sometimes I think it would help!


Work update:

Still don’t know where I’m going. Here is where I stand….as of May 26th I will be done with the assignment here in Santa Clara/San Jose. The travel company I work for is trying to find me another job but it seems there really isn’t a whole lot out there to choose from with the exception of the Arkansas/Texas job, a job in Kennewick WA (ummm, no), or another job in a nursing home in a really really small town in Virginia. Maybe Amanda and I will take that vacation to Greece sooner rather than later that we’ve recently decided on taking! Sounds better than those 3 cities! The travel company is also trying to find me a location here in San Jose since I’ve gotten word from the nursing home I work for that there are other facilities looking for OT’s. Now on the other hand the company I am working for here in California that no longer needs me after the 26th has recently asked me if I would like to hire on with them full time…meaning actually living down here permanently. Considering I don’t really have another job or place to live lined up, this might be an option. So my boss put in a call to her boss and basically it depends on how much it will cost to buy out my contract with my travel company…which is usually a lot. So it seems I have a lot of options but actually no options. Whatever, I’m not too worried. I’ll keep you posted as soon as I find out though.

Hottie nurse update:

After sitting at lunch with the whole rehab team and them giving me really bad pick up lines to use, I have decided to not take their advice. Instead I just went over and talked to hottie nurse (it seems I’ve become the confident 27 year old again…thank God!). We talked and awkwardly asked questions about each other while trying not to act like we were trying to ask tons of questions…isn’t dating fun?! I freakin hate it. Be happy you are married to all of you who are…which would be most everyone I know! Then today at work he asked if my friend and I wanted to go to a birthday party for a friend of his at some club in downtown San Jose. Well who can say no to that?! So we exchanged numbers…not so smoothly, but hey who cares, and so tonight I’m off to shake what my mama gave me (thanks mom) and have some fun. However I will NOT be drinking as much as I did last week and hopefully Moses and I won’t have a repeat dance!

No comments: