Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Running...it seems to when I was 17

After reeling from a hangover it was time to get back to the real world and go to work. I hate that four letter word!

It was just a normal day until my boss came in and informed me that the other two OT’s both called in sick…which meant I was the only one there today. Great! I was looking for a challenge to my day! So I busted out 10 treatment sessions in an 8 hour period…with the help of Starbucks of course! Luckily I’ve gotten rid of most of the “crankies” and have nice people right now…knock on wood!

The days highlight was the introduction to “hottie nurse”. My friend that has been trying to set us up finally got us to actually meet…at which point I turned from the confident 27 year old woman to the 17 year old girl that couldn’t speak and totally blanked. I knew that girl would come back to haunt me. Needless to say the rest of the day was spent awkwardly working around each other, each of us trying to play it cool while we tried to make eye contact with each other but make it look like we weren’t trying all while having thoughts in our heads as to what exactly do we say to each other now?! I swear I’m back in high school, only the word senior takes on a whole new meaning!

After a long day of running around with people in wheel chairs and attempting to come back from being 17 I came home and went running where I have hit a personal best…11:59 mile. The fact that it’s 85 degrees outside and 79 degrees inside, I’m amazed I didn’t pass out and can write this!

Hope you are all doing well! Let me know how you’re doing! I’ll keep you posted on “hottie nurse”, maybe I’ll pass him a note in the hallway. Who am I kidding, I never even did that on high school!

No comments: