This post will be about nothing. Just a warning to those expecting this to be about some exciting thing that has happened to me in the past day. Because really this is about as exciting as it has gotten over the past 24 hours.
Just a random thought on the creator of ironing boards. I will just state now that I hate ironing. I despise it really. It’s one of those chores that is a hassle and you always forget to do it until you realize you have 3 minutes to get dressed before you leave for work and all of your clothes are wrinkled beyond recognition. While I don’t have to dress like I’m going to court, I still have to look somewhat professional, and I don’t think walking in with my pajama bottoms on or a shirt that looks like it got in a fight with the washing machine would work. So iron I must. So back to my first thought…ironing boards. Being a traveling OT means that you must travel with the bare essentials, such as 3 cups, 4 plates, 2 sets of silverware, and some sheets. There are other things that you have to bring of course, but really you have to fit everything into your car. So this being said, where would I put an ironing board? Too big and doesn’t really pack well. I did buy an iron when I got here, but no board. The thought of spending money on something that I really won’t use that often and then just have to throw away when I leave seemed wasteful. So instead I decide to go without. An ironing board is one of those things that you really never appreciate until you don’t have one. Try ironing a pair of pants or a shirt with a towel laying on your table top and trying to get all the wrinkles out…that’s when you will appreciate the inventor of such a thing. Even though I despise the chore, I thank the person who invented the tool that has helped us stay wrinkle free for so long (with the exception of the person that invented wrinkle free clothes with no need for ironing…they deserve a medal of some sort). So there you go…my nightly thought on a random subject. Pathetic excuse for a blog, but this is what you get!
Hugs to everyone!
Wednesday, February 01, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I totally understand about your loathing of ironing! That was my big chore growing up and we had 5 kids in our family! My mom thought everything should be ironed (try ironing your dad's boxers, weird huh?)
I now iron three minutes before work on the carpet, in the bedroom! It takes a little practice but I get those wrinkles out good enough to be presentable!
Glad you're having such a good time there and that you like your job. If you ever want a sideline to fall back on, you should consider writing. I look forward to your blog for the sheer entertainment of it.
See ya!
Okay, now you should try ironing on the floor on a towel WITHOUT getting cat hair stuck to everything. Love you!
Oh, wait...you don't have your cats with you...
Post a Comment