Saturday, October 04, 2008
Attn all hockey moms...maybe you should see this before you decide she's "the one"
I normally don't get all political but this year this election has been one I've been more interested in since I was allowed to vote. McCain scares me...but I think the fact that she could potentially be president if something happens to him, scares the shit out of me. Now of course vote for who you believe in, but really...take a hard look at who you're wanting to lead the country.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
Gee, I think she is great and would be an inspirational leader. Imagine, a woman as President AND a rugged individualist! Don't believe EVERYTHING you see on TV or the internet.
A leader who can't even answer the question of what papers she reads up in Alaska...hate to hear what type of answer she would give if they asked her what they should when a decision comes down to the wire. And she's not running for President, she's running for vice president. Either way, I want someone with more experience as well as someone who can not only answer the simple questions but also the hard questions.
Gee, I was being light hearted. Obviously this is a very serious subject for you. We conservatives feel as strongly as you do and luckily we can all vote for whichever candidate we choose. Governor Palin chose to not answer the question about which newspaper she reads because it was a gotcha question.
You might look closely at some of the lies being told on the more liberal side of this election. For example this so called tax cut that the Dems are touting this year. This is not a tax cut! Our tax rate is not going to be cut, we will be paying at the same rate. I guess the idea is to cut us all a check, or redistribute money. When will we get this check? 2009? 2010? Will this happen once? I think this so called tax cut is a one shot deal. President Bush’s TAX CUT expires soon and then our taxes will be going UP to Clinton era rates. The so called liberal tax cut is a lie and a sham.
Oh, and by the way....Biden thinks that JOBS is a three letter word.
A "gotcha question"? Give me a break. In that case, I guess she should just keep her mouth shut at all times and never have to answer to anything.
It is interesting how the Dems/liberals are into character assassination and avoid talking in the arena of ideas, as I did.
Arena of ideas: McCain: You get a tax credit of $2,500 to buy your own insurance if your company doesn't offer insurance or if you are out of a job (and with the Bush economy, that is happening more and more)...that's great considering that will cover about 2months of insurance premiums and then what? You're without insurance because you can't pay anymore. And for those 2 months the $2,500 you paid with your credit won't get you much coverage. Basically it will cover the cost of 2 generic asprin and a bandaid. Average cost of a one day hospital stay...$5,000.
No matter who you want to vote for, find the issues that you find most important to you, your children, and your grandchildren and log on to each candidates website and see which platform you most agree with.
Yes! This is in the arena of ideas. I do not agree with either view on health care. As a conservative I would like to see the bureaucracy of health care get smaller not larger. When did we become a nation of people that ask government for everything? Whatever happened to JFK saying, "Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country"? This election has become something where it is important to see what candidate is going to give you more. I want LESS Government. Tax cuts and health care, and mortgages, have become a means of buying votes. I will vote for the leader that will run the country in the most efficient and honorable manner, and not be preoccupied with giving away our future just to buy votes.
Post a Comment