Praise the Lord I’ve got hot water! This “palace” of mine finally has hot water so I can shower and wash dishes…not at the same time however, that would just be gross. Again, another episode of Seinfeld coming to mind.
Well it has been raining here all week…no end in site! I can’t take it anymore! I feel like I’m in Seattle only there are palm trees and its 80 degrees and humid, otherwise just like Seattle. Except no high rise buildings and there isn’t a Starbucks on every corner, but just like Seattle. However there also isn’t much traffic and there is an active volcano a mile away, but it’s like Seattle…or not. Anyway, Mark and I were sick of the rain and the thought of spending another weekend in the crappy weather made us crazy. So what to do but call your best friend who works for a resort company and have her hook you up with a condo for the weekend! I love having a best friend in the travel industry! (And even if she wasn’t I would still love her…but it would be hard.)
Saturday morning we got up early and drove North and stopped at Waipio to hike. We hiked down a hill that is only about 1.5 miles down but it’s also at a 25% grade…my friends it is steeper than parts of the Grand Canyon. It was worth it however…we made it to a beach and saw an amazing few of the Waipio valley. We ventured on to Waimea and looked around the little town that it is and then East to Kona. We spent the weekend just hanging out on the beaches and looking around and enjoying the sunshine. So nice!
Monday morning came too fast and too early. We drove from Kona to Hilo and straight to work. I’m not going to go into work because I hate it...we’ll leave it at that. I joined the local gym with some friends I work with…since it’s been raining I can run as much outside so the treadmill is now my best friend after work. Good times.
Mark leaves Thursday. I’ll be sad to see him go since we’ve had a good time however I’m done…really, done. I won’t have too much time to miss him because Friday arrives on Oahu where I will meet her Friday night. We’re spending the weekend on Oahu…our main reason…we’re trying out to get on The Amazing Race. So we’ve talked about it for 2 years but never found out anything about it. Finally I got online and see there is an open casting call in Honolulu…so why not do it while she’s here?!?! Who knows what will happen but keep your fingers crossed!
Other news: I’m going East. I figured I’ve gone as far West as I can with this job so might as well go East on my next assignment. My friend Laura and I decided to travel as a team this next round. She’s from New Jersey and wanted to take an assignment on the East coast to be closer to home and I’ve wanted to go that way for awhile. So we decided that since we get along so well and always have fun, what better way to travel than with a friend?! After the Hawaii job I will head home for 3-4 weeks so I can actually see people more than once and more than 20 minutes at a time and then drive myself to an unknown state at the moment somewhere East.
So that is the latest in my life right now. I know, fascinating.
Monday, January 08, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
So glad to hear you have hot water! After being out of power for a week during the wind storm I developed a huge appreciation for the things usually taken for granted - heat, lights, hot water, etc.
I'm also glad to hear things are looking up a little. I guess it's true what they say - the grass may look greener but it has just as many weeds - So much for "paradise" being perfect.
I'm still so proud of your adventurous spirit and your positive attitude. I also think you could make a living as a writer if you wanted a side line or career change.
Love you lots!
YOM
Cathi
Sorry to hear Paradise isn't perfect afterall. Now that my favorite channel, The Weather Channel (I know, I need a Life) reports on Hawaii, I knew you were getting a lot of rain. But when they said that The Big Island might also get SNOW, I wondered if you would be snow boarding....
Also, good luck to you and your mystry 'Girl Friday' on the Amazing Race try outs. I may be forced to watch it after all.
Amazing Race try outs?! You would be perfect. Let me know how it goes.
It's too bad they can't have teams of three..your Mom, Grandma and my Mom on a team would have the tv ratings sky high..lol. You know Grandma would jump on the plane leaving her teammates behind..lol.
Post a Comment