Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Going back for more Yoga

Ok folks…week in review! Grab your coffee, kick back in your chair, and ignore the fact that you’re at work reading this…we all know you slack so just admit it to yourself!

Since I last left you Mark has gone home. He left last Thursday and on his way to L.A. then to his next assignment. He said goodbye, he bought me an expensive goodbye/early birthday present, and he also gave me another reason to want to smack him. The man is frustrating…but he is gone so we’ll just leave it at that.

Friday I flew over to Oahu and met Amanda in Honolulu. It was beautiful! So sunny, so warm, and great beaches! We did what we do best…went shopping. Since I’ve been in a small town for months (Prescott and now Hilo) I haven’t been shopping in awhile! While I didn’t go totally crazy I did buy a dress that I will now have to wear on a date and at this point I will just date myself so I can wear my dress! But I like me so this shouldn’t be a problem. We spent the day wondering around Waikiki and enjoying our time in the sun because Hilo was just a rainy mess waiting for us.

Sunday was the big day…first we got up at 8:00 and hit the bar down the street to eat breakfast and watch the Hawks. However by the end of the game our breakfast almost came up as we were 2 very disappointed Seahawks fans in Honolulu. But no time for tears it’s time to try out for the Amazing Race! Off to the mall we went where we found a line of a lot of people! We got in line and started filling out our 11 page application…with questions ranging from “do you have a psych. issue?” to “what celebrity reminds you of your partner?” Random…but who cares! We filled it out with pride and moved ahead in the line. As we moved up we realized you had to get on stage and had 2 minutes to sell yourself on camera in front of the huge crowd watching from above. So for the next 2 hours we tried to figure out what to say when we got on stage…we thought of everything. Stupid stuff, funny stuff, not so funny stuff, and then our minds went blank. We were just going to wing it…and wing it we did. We got on stage and as we walked up I said I was so nervous that I would probably go silent. However the opposite happened. I forgot when I get in front of a crowd I usually ramble…much like this blog. I talked…and talked…and talked some more. I basically touched on the topics Amanda and I had thought about discussing and Amanda got a few words in before we realized we had nothing else to say….so after a simple “thank you” we got off the stage just dazed. “What in the hell did we just say?!” Yeah, we can’t even remember what we said…hopefully we didn’t sound and look too stupid but we all know we probably did.

After our 2 minutes of “fame” we flew back to Hilo and back to my damp house. Another great aspect about living in Hilo…things tend to not dry out very well. And with as much rain as we’re getting it always smells damp out here in the jungle. Amanda was thrilled. I lit my candle and the smell was masked for about 2 minutes. I never said this was the Hilton!

This week has been pretty normal as far as work goes. Just working, getting old people up and theraperizing them then off to the gym. Tonight however the gym took another twist. My friend and I went to work out and then went to the college after to start our Yoga class. We walked in and rolled out our mat and sat there waiting for class to start. Finally it begins. We stretched, posed, and made my calves hurt like crazy since they are burning from the workout. Things are going pretty well until the teacher says we have a few poses that require partners and we need to find one that is around the same height. Since my friend Lisa is only 4’10” that won’t work so I turn to my left to see a guy sitting there and I have found my partner. His name is Brian and this is his first Yoga class…as is mine so at least we have that going for us. No sooner after we introduce ourselves we see the poses we have to do…together. The first…one of us gets on our knees and then brings our arms and head forward on the mat…kind of like you were going to kiss the ground with your arms stretched out in front of you. So down I go…the partner is then supposed to sit his butt on your butt and basically lean over you…back to back, head to head, butt to butt. “Hi Brian! Nice to meet you!” It actually felt pretty good…good stretch however not exactly the way I want to spend my time with someone I just met 5 seconds before. Ok so that one is over…now onto the next. Now I get to lay on my stomach with my arms stretched out in front of me and Brian gets to roll his body up and down my backside. Again, felt great however I think I’ve already gotten to second base with Brian. I’ve gotten felt up more by him than by Mark…sad but true. Lisa and I now have a new pickup line for those cute guys at the gym…”excuse me, can you lay down and I will roll all over you…it feels good I promise.” Somehow I don’t think this is going to work…at least I got a good stretch and my ass felt up at the same time. Who knew Yoga could be so much fun!

So that so far is my week in review. My travel company is trying to find an assignment for Laura and I on the East coast…still working on the details of where we want to go. Wherever I end up there better be Yoga!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I might have to try Yoga. Sounds much more fun than when I took belly dancing classes with your grandma. No guys, and I wore Donald Duck socks.

Anonymous said...

OMG...LOL. I just almost choked on my almond when I read about the poses with Brian. I can just see the look on your face..lol