Weekends are great things…especially when you have someone come and visit! One of my many other mothers came to see me this weekend. Ok, well she was actually here for work, but she did take a few extra days just to see me…and I was so glad!! Kelli and I had a great time talking, talking, talking, and talking. I’m sure she is sick and tired of hearing about my ongoing girl drama…and I think she’s glad she doesn’t have a daughter of her own…but I think she still loves me! We spent Saturday going to Sedona and having lunch and walking around the crazy expensive shops. The highlight was coming away with mother daughter outfits. Ok, we both bought a winter vest…and they were the same color…but it’s not like we’ll be wearing them when we’re together. If we do…who cares.
So Sunday was a day I will never forget. My mom left and so I was left to fend for myself for entertainment. My friend Mark and I decided to go to the Prescott fair…and watch the demolition derby. We were on a hunt to find a derby since we missed the one up in Flag a few weeks ago. Even though he hiked the Grand Canyon the day before and was tired and not feeling well…we were still on a mission. So we headed out to the middle of nowhere and found ourselves right smack dab in the middle of a dirt field in the grandstands before a derby. I was in red-neck-ville and wasn’t exactly sure how I got there. I think I took a wrong turn somewhere between the mobile home park and the landfill. Mark and I stuck out like a couple of sore thumbs, not only because we were the most clean, neat, attractive people there…but also because we didn’t have our NASCAR hats on, we actually were wearing shirts instead of going out in tube tops or shirtless at all, we didn’t have a can (yes a can) of beer in our hands from the beer vender, and also didn’t have a cigarette sticking out of our mouth as it withered to nothing. Holy shit…where the hell am I?!?! So just when I think the scene can’t get any funnier the cars line up for the derby in the mud pit. And with one swift move of the flag the cars go flying and ram each other…back and forth, side to side. It’s like a beautiful white trash dance. A ballet if you will…or something like that anyway. Car after car, ramming into another car, bending bumpers, wheels coming off, hoods crumpling like they were made out of paper. It was incredible…and also a little creepy as well. For some reason I felt that I would have nightmares of this when I got home. We watched in awe and when the first round (yes there are rounds I have found out) was over we sat and watched the ATV races until the next round of derby cars where lined up. For the half time show (or whatever the hell they call it) a tank type thing came in the middle of the race track and ran over a car…yeah, seriously why would I even try to make this up?! We had about had it…there is only so much car smashing one can take in an afternoon…plus Mark was getting hungry since it had been 2 hours since he last ate. Side note…I hate skinny guys with fast metabolisms that can eat every 2 hours! Ok, really don’t hate him but I should just for this fact! So we left the fair, because there is only so many vegetables, animals, and craft stands you can look at. So we were off to find lunch.
Sunday night was spent at one of many goodbye parties for Candy since she’s leaving this weekend for the East Coast…and out of my apartment. Mark and I left a little early because he had to finish his laundry that was in my washer…and no this is also not code for anything either. I wish it was…but such is life.
There you go Erin…something new for you to read so you don’t have to read Diddy’s page again! ;)
Wednesday, September 27, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Lol..I could picture the derby perfectly. Was Brad there?! Glad to hear you are actually finding things to do. Your blog was much better than Diddy's. Thanks!
Post a Comment