Friday, April 21, 2006

Seattle Day One

Well I’m back in the rainy city. After being gone for four months it doesn’t really feel like I left, not sure if that’s a good or bad thing. I arrived at the San Jose airport just in time to check my bags and walk the 20 feet to the boarding gate…yes the airport is that small. While I was thinking the flight wouldn’t be too full on a Thursday night at 7:00 pm to where I could spread out and relax on the 2 hour flight I was dead wrong. Evidently there was some Microsoft meeting of the computer geeks in town and they were all flying back to the mother land that night. Welcome to Silicon Valley. I figured it wouldn’t be too bad since I had an isle seat and I could have some leg room for the curse that is being tall, however it seems I must have mistyped my seat preference when booking online and instead got the window seat right next to the guy who liked to spread his arms out on the arm rests as well as snore and right in front of the guy that seemed to know everything about anything and had a girlfriend who was dumb as a doorknob. Perfect match I suppose.

I got back to the parents house where I was attacked by the two dogs who where overly happy to see me. I woke up Friday morning to the sound of rain. I haven’t really missed this considering it’s been raining in Northern California for the past four months. Of course the weekend I decide to leave California is the weekend when the sun comes out and its 74 degrees, go figure. Friday was spent with the best friend/sister where we did what we do best, shopped and talked about nothing for hours. Of course we ended up at Lee’s to eat the best food ever. It wouldn’t be a complete trip without eating at one of my favorite restaurants with my best friend of course!

One day down, four more to go!

No comments: