This week has been a tough one. I think in the rehab/therapy field you have spurts of really nice and sweet patients, and then you go through the hell of grumpy, rude, nasty people I like to call “The Crankies”. I’ve had my fill lately and I’m sure it will continue until we discharge them or their insurance companies start denying them anymore therapy benefits because they don’t want to pay thousands of dollars more to keep them in a nursing home…either way I don’t care, I just want them gone!
Ok, so I know getting old is something most people don’t want to do…but it happens, it will always happen and there is no getting away from it. I believe that the way you act when you are younger reflects on what you will be like when you’re older. If you are a rude, annoying, nasty young person chances are you will be the same in your later years. Usually there is no getting away from this. However I also believe that some people may turn to the “dark side” of aging as they get older. At any rate, just remember that you may be old, you may be hurting, and you may not be able to pull up your pants, but don’t take it out on your therapist or anyone else that is just trying to help you. It’s no fun trying to help someone become as independent as possible when all they do is call you names, argue, and throw things at you. Honestly, if this is the way you act when you’re older…good luck. You will drive everyone away and you will be left to sit in bed all day and watch The Price is Right (because Bob Barker will still be alive by then…I’m convinced) and reruns of Matlock while no one comes and visits because they are afraid a cane or remote control will be thrown at them when they walk in (speaking from experience of course). So be pleasant when you are old! Please! I’m not saying you need to suck up or be sickening sweet, but at least be friendly because chances are you will have people going the extra mile in helping you get better and if you are doomed to not get healthier you will at least have people help you in finding something else to watch besides Montel Williams!
Aside from “sweet” little old people, things have been ok. I went to Frisco (as the locals call it…I still feel weird calling it that) this weekend. I went with my Filipino posse…or Filipino family, whatever you want to call them! Either way, I’ve been told I am now half Filipino…since being adopted by my friends! Sweet, I feel like a foreign exchange student! Anyway, we hit all the tourist sites since my friends cousin just came in from the Philippines and what wouldn’t be more of a tourist attraction then Hooters? That’s right, they don’t have Hooters in the Philippines so of course you have to check it out because they are famous for their wings…at least that’s what I’ve been told but I choose to think they are famous for a few other things instead.
Only a few more days until I come home! I have a feeling I’ll be flying from one rainy city to the next, but it will be nice to be in familiar company for a few days! Who knows, maybe I will visit the local Hooters in Seattle since it’s an international tourist stop!
Side note: I've posted a few pictures that I intended to post awhile ago, but it just didn't happen. Better late than never!
Best Friends in Vegas!
Yes, I'm drinking with Charlie Brown!
The cutest niece ever who loves me and came to see me!

1 comment:
So, I know your mom told you we have tickets to the game on the 24th (In the really good seats!!) It'll be good to see you!
Cathi
Post a Comment