The past few days have been spent working and coming home to get things done…real exciting life! Yesterday I spent some time waiting for the cable supervisor to show up to see if he could fix a few channels that weren’t coming in too clearly…and waiting I did…and of course no one showed up. But I figured they are two channels that I wouldn’t watch all the time, so who cares. After waiting I decided to make dinner…hmmm, what can you make with 7 items in your fridge? Well it turned out that I could make meatloaf, BUT I didn’t have all the ingredients so what does a single girl do has a minimal amount of groceries? She wings it! Here are the ingredients for my recipe for what I call “not very good meatloaf…but it will work if you’re hungry and desperate” (I’m putting a patent on that recipe title…so don’t even think about copying it).
Ground beef (I prefer the lean stuff…like I need to add weight to this svelte body (HA)

One egg
One package of Lipton’s Beef and Onion mix
Crackers crushed
Dill (only because I happen to have this in my cupboard)
Ketchup
Bake in a pan at 400 until it’s done.
MMMMmmmm…bleccchhh! Yeah, it isn’t that great, but if you drench it in Ketchup you can’t even taste it! So all is good. I suppose I will actually have to go out and buy some spices, damn! Those are expensive!
After dinner I had the exciting task of paying bills! I know…you wish you were me…considering all the fun things that I get to do…but who can say they’ve paid bills in Santa Clara? ME! That’s who! So even though I just got paid I then realized that after subtracting the bills I had to pay, I will be eating leftover meatloaf tonight. Grrreat!
So the evening was coming to a close but not before LOST was on! Yup…a favorite show of mine. Good stuff! I still haven’t been able to spread the word that this is a great show. There are only a few that I know that are now hooked, but I will continue my crusade to get everyone watching. It’s good, trust me…really! It’s so good that when my mom called I had to hang up because I was in the middle of the show. I know…I’m a cold, heartless daughter that is just mean. But really…it’s a good show! The crazy thing is that I figure some of it out and amaze my friends with the 6th sense I have of figuring out shows/movies that are complex. Who am I kidding, I amaze myself! ; )
So again today I went to work and…well worked. I only had 1 patient that I don’t enjoy working with…but 1 out of 7 isn’t bad I suppose. After work I found the local post office and gym then came home to do the exciting task of…..laundry! WOOO! Can I just say that it’s a huge pain in the ass to drag your dirty clothes half way across the apartment complex to the laundry room where you have to pay an arm and a leg to wash your clothes! Especially when it’s dark out and the paths aren’t lit that well so you end up tripping half a dozen times. But I guess in order to make room for the bar in my living room they had to take out the washer and dryer…whatever. At least I can backlight my liquor on my bar! Who needs clean clothes when you can do that?!
So the evening is coming to an end and my meatloaf is heating up in the microwave (I need to get groceries). So I must go eat…or not.

1 comment:
Creative Meatloaf! Next time, if you are too hungry to wait for it to bake, try cooking it in the microwave. That's the only way I bake meatloaf anymore. Spread it out in a pie pan & make a hole in the center (like a donut). Cover with wrap & I put it on a plate to catch the fat/water. In my microwave, it is done in 12 min. on high. I don't have a turntable, so rotate it after 6 min. Next time, tho, you should scope out your neighbors & knock on the cute guys' doors and ask to borrow some spices. See if you can add spice to your life!
Post a Comment