I know, I haven’t updated this thing in awhile. That seems to happen from time to time. So I’ll give you a rundown on what’s been going on….
Went back to the Grand Canyon and hiked 8 miles along the rim trail with Mark. We got some awesome pictures and had a great time…perfect weather, perfect day! I will definitely miss the Grand Canyon…it has helped me get into something I love which is hiking! Can’t wait to do some in Hawaii!
I’ve been hanging out with my friends while I still have time. Laura and I went to the Brewery the other night where we happened to be sitting next to 4 Marines who had obviously had too much to drink. They asked us to help them play credit card roulette which involves one of us picking one of their 4 cards out of a hat and that determines who paid for their dinner. Me being the smart ass that I am asked “which card pays for us?” We seemed to pick the right card because they paid for our dinner! So I may be a smart ass…however I am very smart! Free dinner!
Let’s see what else….my patient load at work is dismal at best. I had one whole patient the other day. She wasn’t anyone I could even work with for very long…very low level CVA who had a GI bleed, pneumonia, and was about to go on hospice. So yeah, what do you with this person? Needless to say I left early that day and went home to pack.
Packing…yeah. I go through this every time. Not exactly sure how I packed everything into a Honda Civic and not sure how I will do it again. To throw things off I now have an extra passenger on the way home…which I am very happy about however! So either mom or a few boxes will have to be shipped back via UPS.
I finally bought my plane ticket to Hawaii. Figured I had procrastinated enough. So now I’m just looking for car rental deals since my company seems to think I can find a car for $25 a day…yeah, not so much. Unless I get a moped or a Geo Metro…which won’t happen. So I not have my ticket, the parents have theirs, and Mark has bought his…so it seems “hotel de la Sierra” is booking up quickly.
Other than that…it’s the same old stuff. Tomorrow night they are throwing me a goodbye party so I’ll get to say some goodbyes to my friends. Friday Mark, Laura, and I will be heading down to PHX to have dinner and pick up mom. So some new blood will get to meet the mother…should be fun as always! Then we all get to head up to visit the grandparents on our late night adventure home. Good times good times.
I’m still trying to get my head wrapped around the fact that I’m leaving for Spain in a week. Maybe I’ll meet a nice pool boy named Ricardo…a girl can always dream!
Wednesday, November 15, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Congratulations on the free dinner!
PS - I'm not paying for a plane ticket to come down there only to be shipped home UPS. The boxes gotta go.
Post a Comment