So it seems the baking genes passed onto me at birth and they are now in full force! Last week I baked chocolate chip cookies and they were gone faster than ice cream next to a fat camp! Supposedly they were the best chocolate chip cookies ever according to the rehab staff. I should be selling this recipe! So this week since everyone was hounding me to bake something else so I made the infamous brownies from my Aunt Mary. Again, devoured and again a hit. Someone actually asked if I used a box recipe…excuse me?! A box of brownie mix where all you do is add water? Sorry but that’s against my religion! So be proud Aunt Mary and grandma for passing down your baking recipes and making the PT’s and OT’s in Prescott AZ a happy group.
Only 21/2 weeks until I leave this fine city and I’m making the most of any free time I have left. Last weekend another road trip was on the schedule. Mark and I drove up North to Page Arizona…right on the Utah/Arizona border. Not a whole hell of a lot there! Literally out in the middle of nowhere between a rock and a patch of dirt. We started our drive Saturday morning and made it a few hours until we stopped in Flag for lunch where I have never seen someone eat so much in one sitting! Seriously, Mark can eat with the best of them. He should enter an eating contest however according to him he wouldn’t want to because then he would hate food…and he loves food too much. Yes, I can sympathize. I think we all can.
So we finally made it to Page. Not much there…again, nothing! We found a place to stay and then went out and started taking pictures of Lake Powel and Horseshoe Bend. While there may not be much out there in the ol’ desert, these spots were beautiful! We took pictures until we ran out of daylight and then headed out for dinner…because again, food is good.
Sunday morning we got up early and took a tour of Antelope Canyon…the main reason we were heading North. A hot spot for photographers and once you’re there you can see why. The slot canyons were beautiful and we took as many pictures as we possibly could. Once our tour was over we got back in the car and started heading towards Prescott. We made our way through a few National Parks to see more nature, dipped our feet in the Colorado river…yes, very cold. My feet are still numb but it was beautiful. We continued our journey down South towards home all while thanking our lucky stars that we each didn’t have a travel assignment in this area! Finally made it home in time for bed and to start our work week. And yet once again I have nothing to do at work. So what did I do today while “working”? Yeah, I went and picked up my dry cleaning and bought new hiking boots. Go figure.
Well this weekend we’re headed back up to the Grand Canyon to do a little more hiking and take some pictures since I want to see it before I go on my road trip back home with mom. So back in the car I go with Mark where fun will ensue and so will the confusion!!
Friday, November 03, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
So where are the pictures of Antelope Canyon & "scenic" Page? Glad you are enjoying your last days in Arizona. Looking forward to hearing about Spain and hope the earthquakes/flooding/rockslides, etc, etc, will be a thing of the past by the time you get to Hawaii.
Post a Comment