Tuesday, December 02, 2008

We're engaged!!!

Ok so most of you know, some of you are just now finding out...either way I wanted to let everyone know that Mr. Teacher and I are engaged! I'm sorry for sending text message and emails about the news, but I'm far away and not near any of you so this is the way it goes.

This last weekend Mr. Teacher and I went to Zion National Park in Utah. We decided to go away for a weekend to go hiking and get some nature since Vegas doesn't have much! Mr. Teacher came up with that idea a few weeks ago and little did I know it was to propose.

SO the story goes like this:
We were hiking along a trail that has 3 sections with waterfalls. It was very pretty and we came up to the last trail that had a dead end. At the end there was a huge cliff as you looked up and a small pond right at the bottom where we were standing. The pond water led into a creek that made other water falls on the lower levels of the trail. There was a big section of sand and rock where we were sitting. I reached down and spelled out "I love you" in the sand, just as many of us write or write our names in the sand at the beach. Mr. Teacher bent down and covered that and proceeded to write "will you marry me?". I was shocked. I at first thought he was kidding and when I looked up at him to see if he was serious he pulled out a ring. That's when I knew he wasn't kidding! Of course I said yes, between crying with tears of happiness.

So now the engagement is on and the wedding planning begins and the saving has started. woohoo!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations - again! Your Dad was so cute when he came to see us. He was very talkative (!) and could hardly wait to tell us that Alan had called him to ask permission to marry you. I think that really impressed him. What a romatic proposal and in such a beautiful spot! Is he for real? We are so happy for you.

Unknown said...

Congratulations!!!! And here, I was checking your blog to see if you wrote anything up on the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show last night. *hahaha* But this is MUCH better!!

Anonymous said...

PHAB!!! Now your mom can start working on grandbaby names!! I think "Marlene" is lovely for a girl (or boy). Congrats, Sierra and "teacher".