Nothing like Thanksgiving in the desert. This year my holiday travels took me to the city that never sleeps….Las Vegas! Yes I left home for this holiday to spend it in Vegas with the boyfriend and some of his family. The travels began with my trip to the airport…I was waiting for the horror that was about to begin. I arrived 3 hours before my flight expecting the insanity that the news reports were predicting…only I made it through checking my bags and security within 30 minutes. Great, 2 ½ hours to kill. So I went to the board room and spent a few hours watching a basketball game, reading a magazine, and talking on the phone. Finally made it to Vegas where I continued my Thanksgiving journey. Thanksgiving was a small event…just 5 of us but too much food! We had the typical fixings…turkey, ham, stuffing, Filipino food, greens…granted a little different but all very good and of course I ate it!
The weekend was spent going around town and seeing the sites. One sight was Alan’s office…where I helped him organize his classroom…since I am the queen of organization! Saturday we went hiking up at Red Rocks where we spent the day climbing, hiking, and taking pictures of part of Nevada that actually is pretty! Go figure! Of course we went to the strip…we decided to go to the top of the Eiffel Tower at the Paris hotel at night to see the view. However the night we picked was the coldest and windiest of them all. Let me be the first to say that Vegas does get cold…40’s. I wasn’t prepared for that one! So with teeth chattering and goose bumps rising, we quickly looked at the view and left, we couldn’t take it anymore.
The rest of the weekend was spent catching up with his cousins and figuring out how nervous each of us will be when we meet the respective families in December. I’m not sure who’s more nervous, but I’ll let you know once the time comes :)
Sunday, December 02, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment