Monday, September 17, 2007

Sorry, I'm boring

Oh my God! It’s been 2 months since I’ve written anything! Crap! Sorry…my life really hasn’t been that exciting, just making my way through this assignment in the hopes for another one. But here’s the latest on what’s going on….

Breast Cancer 3 Day Walk: It was AMAZING! Oh my God! Seriously the most incredible thing I’ve ever done! The amount of supporters along the whole 60 miles went beyond my expectations and the whole event inspired me to do it again next year! It even inspired my parents to volunteer next year!

The job: Still going. I only have 2 weeks left, I’m done September 28th. I’ve been looking for another travel assignment but so far nothing has come up. I was really hoping for Portland or Las Vegas…but neither came up. I ended up giving up San Diego since I was holding out for the other 2…but that’s the way it goes. The reasoning for Portland and Vegas…Portland would be close to home but not right at home. Vegas…would be near my, ahem, boyfriend/beau/guy friend/dating partner. Whatever the hell you want to call him. At any rate, it didn’t work with the travel job so now I’m waiting to hear if I have a travel job in Des Moines which would mean, moving home for 3 months! Woohoo! Kind of excited actually. It will be nice to be home for the holidays, cookie baking, City of Hope auction, Amanda’s wedding, Meghan’s birthday, etc etc etc. Easier than buying plane tickets every 3 weeks! My parents have accepted me as their new roommate so as long as I get the word, it’s a go. I should know tomorrow.

The boyfriend/Beau/guy friend/dating partner: Ok, so yeah. I’m dating. I haven’t made it much of a big deal since I wasn’t sure where this was going or where I wanted it to go. I swore my mom to secrecy so for those of you who are mad at her for not telling you…it was my fault. Anyway, met him online. Who knew?! He’s from Seattle originally, moved to Vegas last year for a job. He’s an art teacher at a middle school. We’ve been talking a lot, and have met up quite a few times and he even stayed with me while on his way back to Vegas. This weekend we’re meeting at Disneyland (my favorite place ever!) to see each other yet again. So to be continued….

Other than that, just working and going to the gym. It is my life. Boring and in a nutshell.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to hear from you! Hope it works out so that you will be home for a few months. May even get to see you.
But Des Moines? In the winter? Oh, well, could be a good experience & better then than in the summer! Too bad Vegas didn't work out. Maybe next time.

Anonymous said...

How dumb am I? Well, my excuse was that I was reading your blog after I'd taken out my contacts so my nose was 2 inches from the screen & I didn't comprehend that there is a Des Moines just a few miles from your folks' house! Also, guess I was blown away by a real live BOYFRIEND. Hope to hear more. And Amanda getting married! Sounds like great things are happening.