Monday, April 09, 2007

Is she still alive? I don’t know…I think she’s still breathing

I am here, alive and somewhat kicking. I’ve been slacking, I know. It seems that between working around 10-12 hours a week (except this week in which I’m not working any) and traveling around town getting things done and seeing friends/family, I have no time for the blog. I know, it’s not a good excuse so I’ll just say it…I’m lazy and couldn’t come up with anything creative to write. There you go.

So what have I been doing with myself you may be asking, or not asking but I will tell you anyway…well let’s see. I left Hawaii oh so long ago (a month to be exact) and went to California. I stopped over in Cali for a week to see some friends and have a mini vacation before my vacation home. (I know, you hate me because it seems my life consists of vacations, and it does.) So I visited the Bay area and realized I love it there. I was supposed to go East with my friend Laura for our next travel assignment however realizing I didn’t want to be another 5,000 miles away from my friends and family and the fact that I love Northern California I decided to not go East but stay true to my roots and be a West coast girl. So I will be heading down to San Jose on April 26th for a 5 month stint. I’m happy with the fact that I’m going to a place I love, however a little sad that I won’t be living the East coast lifestyle, but I’ll get over it plus I’ll visit Laura in Rhode Island!

During my week in Cali we went to the St. Patty’s day parade and drank like Irish people do. Laura is Irish so therefore I was obliged to do what she told me and drink beer starting at 11:30a.m. I wasn’t sure how long my liver would hold out since I was not used to this, but Laura insisted I would be fine. So we mingled amongst the crowd of drunken Irish people and not so Irish people and all in all had a great time!

Back to Seattle…where I’ve been for 3 weeks. I’ve picked up some work here and there, enough to pay a few bills and keep myself someone occupied. Working 10 hours a week makes you realize that this 40 hour a week crap is seriously overrated! Who the hell invented that?! Dude, 10 hours a week and I’m ready for a nap.

I’ve also gotten a chance to catch up with friends, and really catch up. Not the normal “I’m in town for only 48 hours, everyone meet me at my house and visit for 10 minutes before I have to jet out the door to another assignment” type deal. Tanya and I have been training for the 3 day taking mom and Meghan with us. We usually end at Starbucks where Meghan has already gotten the menu down!

I even got the chance to take RJ to the Science Center. There’s nothing like taking a 5 year old to the Science Center and letting him run around and explore everything! He cracked me up…he was like a ping pong ball running from exhibit to exhibit and asking questions about everything. I loved it!

Went to a Mariners game…don’t want to talk about it. It was horrible. The end.

Went on a few dates, one of which consists of Tanya and her co-worker setting me up with a customer. Talk about personal banking, she can do mortgages, fix my account, and pimp me out to her customers! She deserves a raise!

So now I’m in the midst of again trying to figure out how in the hell to pack all this shit into my Civic and get it to California. Maybe a bigger car…but I don’t think working 10 hours a week will help pay for that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was wondering when you would resist the gravitational force field of my sofa and write something!

I will miss you when you go but the dogs will be glad to get their sofa back.

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on the 40 hour a week crap! Having just returned from a week on the beach in Mexico, I'm ready for retirment (unless that means I have to wear anklets with my sandals!) Saw lots of old Americans doing that - really not a good look!

By the way, I owe you $75 for the 3-day walk. If you want to get it you have to come visit work one more time (yes that's blackmail!)

Love ya

Cathi