So I don’t have much to update but if I don’t write something I will disappoint millions…or at least a handful.
So this week not much has been happening. Pretty low key life here in AZ. I spent my weekend watching movies, wounding my leg with scissors (don’t ask), watching football, and pretty much being a lazy ass. This was planned however because sometimes you need a weekend to do nothing! I discovered a new running trail…however making sure you’re not running over lizards and watching out for snakes…I think I’ll stick with the gym.
The hospital is also the same. I still only have about 3 hours of work to fill an 8 hour day. You would think I could just go home when I’m done, especially since I don’t have any other patients to see…however since I’m contracted to be there 8 hours I have to sit around and do nothing while I get paid for it. You might think “easy money” however it’s agonizing money because I have to try to find something to keep me busy and then pretend to be busy. UGH!
My patients are varied this week…a lot of hip and knee patients, a few demented patients that don’t know where they are, who I am, or how to put on a sock, then one patient that has used so much drugs and alcohol that her brain is pickled. Interesting group…but that’s what my day consists of! Gotta love my job.
The rest of the week will consist of working out, going to a family reunion up at the cabin, planning my trip to Boston, and then packing so I can come home!
If anything exciting happens I’ll be sure to report here first, however in Prescott…not much goin on.
Tuesday, August 08, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I know what you mean about trying to look busy and make work. That can be agonizing. Do you think they'd let you bring your ironing to work? I always threaten that in the summer when my boss is on vacation and not generating anything for me. This year, I was smart and took my vacation at the same time. Much better!
You'd think that since they're paying for your contract and housing etc. that they'd have enough to keep you busy.
Looking forward to seeing you next week while you're home.
Post a Comment