Tuesday, December 13, 2005

What the hell...where did that come from?!?!



Packing...it's something everyone should do every 6 months, it helps you realize how much crap you can actually accumulate! Even if you're not planning on moving, I think you should pack everything in your house into little liquor boxes and try to fit them into a 5x10 storage unit (of course drinking all the liquor first so you can have more room in the boxes). Seriously, this will help you in figuring out what you actually need and what you can get rid of....like perhaps that old Journey tape. Yeah I said it, I'll fess up to owning it, you can't go wrong with a little Steve Perry singing you a love ballad while you're crying into your pillow... but that's not the point is it?! All I'm saying is, it's time to retire that piece of history and now some fortunate soul that spots that gem at the Goodwill store will be the next lucky owner, and they too will have nights when it helps them get through some rough times because you "don't stop believin!". But I digress...my point of this whole rambling is to really take stock of what you own, you will be surprised of what you actually have in your house. You will more than likely think 1/2 a dozen times "what the hell...where did that come from?!?!" and then laugh so hard you might pee a little (you know you've done it before). So I will continue on with my packing, if I come across anymore "gems" I will sell them to the highest bidder, or you can just have it because what the hell am I going to do with it?

3 comments:

Train said...

You accumulating things? Hmmm. I never would have guessed that but don’t listen to me I’m a slobby Rat.

PS – don’t get rid of Journey… your gonna need it for that road trip. You have to have road trip music and that better be on the top of the list

Journey = EPIC

Anonymous said...

I had a professor that used to say "a move every couple of years or one good fire" takes care of the accumulation. Very True

Anonymous said...

I had a professor that used to say "a move every couple of years or one good fire" takes care of the accumulation. Very True